James Hubbard – Principal
Abbey Demler – Assistant Principal
Mrs. Demler has been teaching at New Covenant Christian School since 2013. She spent seven years teaching 5th and 6th grade at the Math/Science Academy in the Harrisburg City School District. Mrs. Demler attended Eastern University where she earned her bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. After college, she was introduced to the Harrisburg School District through her husband, who was a high school teacher there. Throughout her years in Harrisburg she felt that the Lord had provided her with wonderful mentors, colleagues, educational opportunities and an overwhelming amount of passion for her job as an educator. Mrs. Demler’s decision to come to New Covenant was led by her desire to be closer to her family. In 2009 Mrs. Demler and her husband welcomed their first child, Qynne Alyse, a second child in 2011, Jay Braden, and their youngest child, Hayes, “a ‘spit-fire’, who always keeps us on our toes”. New Covenant has provided Mrs. Demler with an opportunity to be closer to home while giving her own children an educational foundation that is saturated with the “Love of Christ.” She is extremely excited to be a part of the New Covenant family and is overjoyed to be able to share Christ’s love with her students.
“Be joyful always pray continually give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you, in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Jane Evans – Executive Assistant
Home life: Married to Dave for 33 years. We have one son, Keith, who serves with his wife Sarah on staff with DiscipleMakers, a Christian campus ministry to college students. They are currently ministering at Lebanon Valley College, Thaddeus Stevens and Elizabethtown College.
Favorite Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”
Lurene Burns – Business Manager
My family and I are members of Lebanon Area Evangelical Free Church, where I teach 3 year old Sunday School and participate in the Truth Seekers ladies Bible Study.
My husband, Phil, and I have been married for 24 years and our three children have attended New Covenant since kindergarten.
My favorite scripture verse is Phil. 4:6,7
Stephanie Snyder – Director of Academic Services
In 2017, I graduated from Evangelical Seminary in Myerstown with a Master of Arts in Leadership. Prior degrees include a bachelor’s degree in Biology-Chemistry from Sweet Briar College, Virginia, and a Master of Education degree from Temple University.
- Some “fun facts” …
- I spent my junior year of college studying at St. Andrews University, Scotland.
- I taught math and science for a year in a rural Kenyan school, and lived in a house with no electricity or running water. I tented in game parks, but thankfully only saw lions from the safety of a tourist van!
- Puerto Rico, Brazil, New Brunswick, and Ukraine have been short-term mission destinations.
- I am most likely to be found at an ethnic restaurant (Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Chinese, Greek, etc.), but I’m not a fan of Sushi!
- I enjoy word games, puzzles, traveling, cooking ethnic foods and PA Dutch standards, relaxing with a book in hand, visiting arboretums, historical sites, and museums, and spending time with my family and friends.
- My husband is an x-ray technician with UPMC Pinnacle.
- Our son & his wife reside in Ukraine; our daughter & her husband are Lancaster City dwellers. No grandchildren – as of yet.
- My heart’s yearning: “But as for me, it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works.” Psalm 73:28
- A treasured promise: “And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.” 2 Corinthians 3:18