Required Volunteer Documents / Links to Obtain Clearances
- ACT 151 (PA Child Abuse History Clearance)
Volunteers must submit a copy of an official clearance statement obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare or a statement from the Department of Public Welfare that no record exists. This clearance must be current within one year. The applicant MUST submit the ORIGINAL report prior to volunteering; a copy will be made and kept on file. Note: A volunteer clearance may be obtained free of charge one time within a five-year period.
- ACT 34 – PA State Police Criminal Record Check
This report must be current within one year. Note: A volunteer clearance may be obtained free of charge one time within a five-year period.
- ACT 114 of 2006, Section III of the Public School Code – Federal Fingerprinting
- Waiver Option: Valid only if you have been a resident of Pennsylvania during the entirety of the previous ten year period. Out-of-state college attendance does not discount a waiver if your permanent legal residence was in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Applicant Fingerprinting Online Services
- Pre-Registration Required – Walk in service is allowed but all applicants are required to complete pre-enrollment.
- Link: https://uenroll.identogo.com. Use the 6-Character Service Code for PDE Volunteer: 1KG6Y3
- After entering the service code, options on the next screen include: Schedule or Manage an Appointment; What do I need to bring to enrollment?; Locate an Enrollment Center; Submit a Fingerprint Card by Mail; Check the Status of your Service.
- OR register by phone at 1-844-321-2101 Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm EST.
- NOTE: Enrollment center locations are not the same as under the previous provider (Cogent). Currently, there is not a center in Lebanon County. A list of locations can be found here. https://www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania